Best Budget Smartwatches 2020 : Buying Guide & Reviews
So you’ve decided to purchase a new cheap smartwatch. Awesome! Whether you’re making your first purchase or you’re a seasoned fanatic, you’re sure to find this guide useful. The best smartwatches don’t have to cost the earth, so if you’re in search of a watch that’s good quality but comes with an affordable price then you’ve come to the right place.
In a world of constantly changing and improving technology, it can be hard to choose the best value smart watch. Questions that will make your mind boggle, which model is most suitable? What features should you look for? Which one will be most compatible with your smartphone? What colour to go for, because you know, that’s a pretty important decision!
But fear not, we’ve put together this incredibly handy guide to help you choose the latest affordable smartwatch for you. We’ve taken the headache inducing guesswork out of it – first we’ll look at a few things to consider when choosing your smartwatch and then move on to our top picks of the best options today.
10 Best Budget smartwatches in 2020
1. Apple Watch Series 3
Best Features: Designed for athletes, this model is perfect for serious fitness junkies. Are you a swimmer? With its swim tracking feature, you can get an accurate reading of your stats. Out shopping and forgot your wallet? No problem. With the watch series you can pay using google pay, handy!. Sophisticated and sleek design.
Battery Life: 18 hours | Weight: 36.7g | Extra Features: GLONASS, Galileo, and QZSS, Barometric altimeter, Optical heart sensor, Accelerometer and gyroscope, Ion-X strengthened glass, Composite back
2. Samsung Galaxy Fit SM-R370
Best Features: Designed to be super lightweight to wear. With its water resistance rating of 5ATM, you can swim up to 50 meters without worrying about damaging it. Its state of the art sleep tracking operating system will track all four sleep stages. With its cutting edge activity tracking, The Galaxy Fit will automatically detect which sport you’re doing. Has a full colour Amoled design. Works with both Androids and iPhones.
Weight: 4.80 ounces | Extra Features: Automatic fitness tracking: Walk, run, cycle, even hop on the elliptical
3. Chereeki Affordable Health Tracker
Best Features: These days everyone is wanting a smart watch for cheap and this little device is the ultimate budget fitness smartwatch. No matter what sport you partake in, this cheap smartwatch tracks a whopping 14 different disciplines!. No matter if you’re a happy hiker, a dazzling dancer or a zen yogi, this little device will track it for you. This watch also has the usual features such as heart rate monitoring, sleep tracker and calorie burn. It’ll even send you a reminder to move around if you’ve been sitting for too long!
Weight: 24.8g | Extra Features: accurate heart rate monitoring, distance, speed, calories, sleep monitoring, SMS
4. Lintelek Water Resistant Budget Smartwatch
Best Features: It displays messages clearly and the full touch screen feature means you can access your notifications quickly. With its 10 day battery life you can enjoy wearing it for longer too. It can measure your blood pressure and blood oxygen so you can really get to know your body and its changes. An impressive 9 sport modes!
Extra Features: 24H Health Manage
5. FitPolo Water Resistant Smartwatch With Music Control
Best Features: With this ingenious device you can select which music you want to listen to on your smartphone. Simply connect the GPS to your smart phone and it’ll track your distance, calorie burn and pace. Enjoy features such as a 10 day battery life, sleep monitor and 24/7 heart rate monitoring. Other cool specs include a breathing guide. This wrist wear from FitPolo will track your breathing pattern. It as an IP68 water resistance level up to 50 metres.
Weight: 1.37oz | Extra Features: heart rate monitor, 9 sports modes, music control, countdown & stopwatch
6. Sanag Cheap Smartwatch
Best Features: The optical heart rate monitor will track your steps, calorie burn and any fitness tracking goals you achieve. It’ll give you app alerts from Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter and more!. Enjoy 7-15 days of long battery life with this device. A soft silicone strap means it’s super comfortable. It’s waterproof and dustproof!
Weight: 6.4 ounces | Extra Features: Data monitoring of relatives and friends, Music control, Sleep monitoring, Health data monitoring, Pedometer, Calories, Motion tracking
7. ZJBOX Budget Fitness Tracker
Weight: 5.6 ounces | Extra Features: Music, Message Control
8. Fitbit Versa Lite Activity Tracker
Best Features: Has a massive 15 different exercise modes. The Fitbit Versa Lite also boasts a swim tracking feature. The watch is lightweight and comfortable – perfect if you’re planning to wear it for long periods of time. Wide range of colours to choose from. Sleek and smart design. Female health tracker.
Battery Life: 4 Hours | Weight: 1.41 ounces | Extra Features: Track your all day activity, 24/7 heart rate, & sleep stages
9. Amatage Affordable Smartwatch with Sleep Monitor
Best Features: Enjoy a 7 day battery life with only a 2.5 hour charge needed!. Blood pressure and heart rate monitor, step tracker and sleep tracker. Boasts an IP67 water resistance level.
Weight: 4.8 ounces | Extra Features: monitor your heart rate and blood prerssure by the smart watch,and it records all activities, such as steps, calories burned , walking mileage, activity times and sleep status
10. Garmin Forerunner 35 Fitness Tracker (3)
Best Features: Its built in GPS will track where, how far and how fast you run in real time. The GPS also allows you to upload all of your fitness stats to Garmin Connect, a free online fitness community. This means you can check your progress and even share it with friends on social media!. The battery lasts up to a week. The Garmin App can be a huge help with weight loss. Calendar App to plan your workouts.
Weight: 1.60 ounces | Extra Features: mart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking and music controls
11. Yirsur Budget Smartwatch
Best Features: Has a battery life that lasts for 10 days. This handy watch has all the features you need to improve your health and fitness. Pair it with your smartphone to get instant access to incoming messages and app alerts.
Battery Life: 6 Days | Weight: 5 ounces | Extra Features: Remote camera
12. Tinwoo Affordable Digital Smartwatch
Best Features: Has 8 different sport modes. Other cool features include an alarm and a find your phone function. Will send you a reminder if you’ve been sitting for too long.
Weight: 2.36 ounces | Extra Features: track real-time heart rate/sleep quality and daily activity
Best Budget smartwatch
With today’s technology, you can buy a lot of smartwatches cheap as anything, but our pick for the best affordable fitness gadget would have to be this smartwatch from Garmin, the Forerunner 35. With its built in GPS tracker and online fitness community, it’s a fitness fanatics dream!
- Easy-to use GPS running watch tracks how far, how fast and where you run
- Estimates heart rate at the wrist, all day and night, using Garmin elevate wrist heart rate technology
- Connected features: Smart notifications, automatic uploads to Garmin Connect, live tracking and music controls (when paired with a compatible smartphone)
- All-day activity tracking estimates steps, calories and intensity minutes and reminds you when to move
- Automatically uploads your data to Garmin Connect, our free online fitness community where you can join challenges, receive insights and share your progress as you meet your goals
Best Cheap Smartwatch
The best inexpensive smart watch has to be the Chereeki Fitness Tracker. At around $30 (prices change) it’s pretty hard to beat on price. If you’re brand new to smartwatches or are undecided as to whether a smartwatch is for you, this could be the perfect pick.
Smartwatch Buyer’s Guide & FAQS
Considerations Choosing good cheap smartwatches
To help you make the best decision possible, we’ve put together the most important factors you’ll have to consider when choosing your new smartwatch. These amazing little pieces of technology can really change your life. Want to lose weight and lead an active, healthy life? The smartwatch is at your service. Need help being more organised? They can do that, no problem! So you see, because these watches can be so invaluable it’s super important to choose the right one for you.
As we said before, affordable smartwatches don’t have to cost an arm and a leg and this guide has been specifically made to showcase the best affordable smart watches. Prices for these little devices are generally from $100 to £600 or $700, however once you get into the very high price bracket, it’s likely that you’ll really only be paying for the designer brand name rather than actual functionality and technical features. With a bit of careful shopping and research, you can get an awesome watch cheap as chips, that’s still excellent quality!
Probably the most important thing to consider is if the smartwatch is compatible with your iPhone or Android. You’ll want to connect them to receive texts, calls or notifications from any apps you have so it’s important that they match. For example, you wouldn’t buy an Apple Watch if you have an Android. It can be quite confusing to know which brands will pair together. Generally speaking, if you have an iPhone you could choose an Apple Watch or if you’re not keen on taking out a second mortgage to afford it, Wear OS watches by Google offer an affordable, low price option and also have the bonus of being compatible with both Android and IOS phones.
Something else to keep in mind is what you actually want from your watch. If you’re buying it to improve your health then you’ll want to choose one with heart rate monitoring specifications. A fitness tracking device with a heart rate monitor is an invaluable tool for staying active! A good battery life is also essential, the last thing you want is to have to keep taking the watch off to charge it, ain’t nobody got time for that!
Size and Style
Lastly you’ll probably want to consider the style of your new watch. Just because it’s a practical and functional piece of equipment, doesn’t mean it can’t be a fashionable accessory. Chances are you’ll be wearing the watch for most of the day so think about what design and shape you want, to match your personal style.
What’s the best smartwatch for the money?
The Lintelek watch takes the award for the best value. With its wide range of sport modes and its continuous heart rate and sleep tracking functions, we think this is the best cheap option for the price!
What is the best generic smartwatch?
There are a myriad of smartwatches for iphone users and android users on the market today and we think the ZJBOX smartwatch is the top generic smartwatch. Of all the cheap smart watches available, this one definitely stands out. With its smart and sleek design, its IP68 waterproof rating and super functional health tracker features, it really does tick a lot of boxes!
- ★【Smart watch for iPhone and Android Phone】- Compatible with iOS 9.0+ & Android 4.4+ above smartphones.The watch is slim with a lightweight,zn-mg alloy case and soft breathable band,very comfortable when wearing.
- ★【 Accurate Activity Tracker】- Automatically track your all-day steps,calories,heart rate,sleep stages;8 Sport modes for more accurate calories estimation batter user experience with full touch screen.You can customize the background of the watch by using your own photo.
- ★【 IP68 Waterproof & Long Standby 】- IP68 water-resistant,you can wear it when swimming.This smart watch built with a 300mAh battery that only takes 2.5 hours to charge and can be used for up to 14 days with a standby time of 50 days.
- ★【 Notifications Reminder 】- Just connect the smart watch with your phone via Bluetooth, then download and install the APP, so you can read Whatsapp,Twitter,Facebook,SKype,Wechat and other application push messages, call & sms reminders,the time and date will be automatically synchronized
- ★【Great Gift & Satisfied Service 】- A ideal gift for you,your lover and family at Birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving. We provide 30 days free exchange and returns. If you have any questions about this product,you can contact us at anytime.We reply most buyer messages in less than 24 hours.
What is the best smartwatch under $100?
We think the cheapest smartwatch under $100 has to be the Tinwoo Digital Smartwatch. It has some of the best reviews on Amazon and with its great price, amazing functions and sleek design, we’re sure this one’s a winner!
- ☺ Equipped with metal frame and TPU band, with a 1.3-inch round touch full display, ultra-thin body, 14 different clock face to choose, black and white clock switching at sunrise and sunset, the flower / yellow circle on the clock face reminds you whether your training goal was completed.
- ☺ TINWOO sport watches support 8 sports modes, By connecting smart watches with your smartphone, which can track real-time heart rate/sleep quality and daily activity : steps, distance, calories burned. Help you adjust your lifestyle and make you healthier.
- ☺ As a professional digital device, Tinwoo Smart watch support call alert and Real-time notifications, sedentary reminder, alarm, phone-finding-watch & watch-finding-phone, ect, allows you to work with ease. It's also a excellent life asistant with functions lile: 15 days weather forecast, music control, camera control, breath training.
- ☺ Magnetic charging USB cable, 300 mAh lithium polymer battery, only 3h charging, ensure you professional personal health consultants and data records for about 15 days, standby time can reach more than 25 days.
- ☺ Tinwoo fitness Tracker smartwatch is suitable for Android 5.0 and above, ios 9.0 and above, will not suit for PC or tablet, only suitable for phones with Bluetooth 4.2 or higher. Pairing with your smartphone via Bluetooth connection, App name: "TINWOO"
What are smartwatches Exactly?
A smartwatch is basically a computer in watch form. These amazing devices can be life changing. From counting your calorie expenditure to giving you instant text or call notifications, smartwatches can help you lead a better, more organised life. You can even send texts on some smartwatches, meaning you no longer have to carry your phone with you everywhere.
Typical Cost of a smartwatch
The cost of a smartwatch varies wildly, as demonstrated in this guide, you can pay as little as $20-$30 for a watch. The more expensive smartwatches can have eyewatering price tags of several hundred dollars. It’s worth noting that you don’t need to shell out mountains of cash, you can buy a perfectly functional, high quality smartwatch for under $100.