Perhaps you’ve heard of Poshmark and you’re wondering whether to give it a try. Or, maybe you’re a new user of the platform and you require guidance on what to expect. Poshmark is a great place to sell buy and sell your old items from clothing to household goods, and you can even use it to sell new items too. The platform was founded in 2011 and has since grown to have around 40 million users.
As one of the most popular buying and selling platforms in the U.S, you may be wondering what you can sell on Poshmark and more importantly, whether it’s worth it. Below, we’ve put together the ultimate Poshmark review based on real user’s experiences to help you decide on whether it’s the platform for you.
There are undoubtedly plenty of benefits that can come with selling on Poshmark but its’ always a good idea to have a clear idea of what to expect beforehand. Stop the back and forth Google searches for questions related to Poshmark, instead just read on to learn all you need to about Poshmark and using the site.
Why You Should Consider Poshmark
Let’s start with the basics: why is Poshmark worth trying? As briefly mentioned, there are so many advantages that can come with using the selling platform – and number one is making money! However, it can also be a great platform to buy one-of-a-kind gifts and clothing for yourself too. Many sellers sell unique items that cannot be found anywhere else, making it a real treasure trove of goodies.
We’ve outlined both the pros of buying and selling on Poshmark below so that you can decide whether you want to use Poshmark.
If you’re wondering how else you can benefit from using Poshmark besides the fact you could make money, look no further. There are so many advantages that come with selling on Poshmark and this Poshmark review has been sure to include them all:
- Make GOOD money – yes, you can make money on Poshmark but the fact it is a super popular platform means you can make very good money. Sellers have a huge audience on Poshmark which means you have high chances of selling just about anything that you list. Around 40 million people use the platform in the U.S and they use it to buy a lot of the time. You can use the platform to sell old goods found in your home or even make a real business income by selling new clothing for example. The opportunities really are endless, so while you may be heading to the charity store with your used clothes, why not consider listing them on Poshmark to sell instead?
- You don’t pay fees to list – so many buying and selling platforms require sellers to pay a fee when they list an item. Not only is this frustrating but you’re not guaranteed to sell the items, so why should you have to pay? Poshmark understands this and doesn’t require users that are listing any item to pay a listing fee. This means that you will save a considerable amount of money when compared to using other types of buying and selling apps.
- Listings are easy to make – there is nothing more frustrating than a poorly designed selling platform, sometimes the sheer effort of listing puts you off entirely. Poshmark makes it as simple as possible for sellers to list their used clothes or unwanted household goods. In a matter of clicks, you’ll have a live listing on the website for potential buyers to see. The platform won’t ask questions to no end and you can easily take down listings too. This minimum amount of fuss makes Poshmark super attractive to many sellers when compared to other similar platforms out there.
- Promoting sales – because Poshmark is a sea full of sellers, you may be wondering how you can make sure that your listings are noticed. Simple stuff. Poshmark wants buyers to make a purchase so they help sellers out with access to promotions such as bundle discounts and events such as the ‘closet clear out’. Ultimately the platform wants to make money just as you do, therefore, you can expect to make money when using the site. In fact, we’d go as far as saying it’s guaranteed.
There are a number of great benefits that also come with buying on Poshmark, so2me of which you may not even know about! Below we’ve listed all the advantages of buying on the Poshmark platform:
- Negotiate your prices – buyers can choose to make an offer when they find something that catches their eye on Poshmark. If the seller has put a price for the product at $20 for example, there is room to negotiate this. Sellers can then choose to either accept an offer or counter it if they want more. If you see something you really like, don’t be scared to put in an offer as the seller might be feeling extra generous that day!
- Discounted USPS Priority shipping – one of the best perks that come with shopping on Poshmark is the discounted priority shopping. Sometimes Poshmark even offers further discounted shipping for customers. With a set shipping cost, you know exactly what you will have to pay for shipping, and what’s more is that you can guarantee you receive your package within 3 days of shipping.
- Fast and easy to use – it’s really easy to use Poshmark as a buyer and you can easily locate what you want on the platform. Simply search the bar using a keyword for what you’re seeking. You can also choose to filter your search results using things such as price, color, and size. After you have located what you want on Poshmark, you can check out conveniently and quickly. Customers are able to use whichever payment method they prefer including credit cards and PayPal.
- Lots of choices for on-trend items – you’ll find a wide range of on-trend styles to choose from at Poshmark. Packed full of favorite brands, you’re guaranteed to find something that you LOVE and even better – it may be at a discounted price!
- Great buyer protection – Poshmark protects its buyers when an item is received in a different condition than it should be. This means you’ll have total peace of mind in the case of receiving sub-par quality clothing or products. The platform makes it easy for you to return your unwanted products with ease.
- Authenticated luxury goods – all luxury goods on the Poshmark platform are authenticated to prove that they are legitimate to buyers. Items that are valued at over $500 are sent to the headquarters where they are assessed based on their legitimacy. This adds further protection for buyers who may fear they are buying fake goods.
While there are many excellent reasons to sell your items and clothing on the Poshmark platform, it’s useful to also identify why you may choose another platform. Here are some of the cons that we’ve found that you should keep in mind:
- High commission rates – you can definitely make lots of money on Poshmark, however, the platform does have high commission rates for using it. This means that as a buyer, you will have to pay a fee that could be $2.95 for anything under $15 and 20% for items $15 and over. This can cut into your profits quite significantly, especially if you are selling on the platform often. For this reason, we recommend trying to avoid selling products for under $10 where you can.
- Can be time-consuming – Poshmark is a social platform that ultimately requires its sellers to build up a social presence in order to sell effectively. This means that you will have to be on the platform fairly regularly which may not be to everyone’s liking. From interacting with buyers and negotiating prices to sharing your listings frequently, you could end up spending hours on the platform to make a sale.
- Shipping costs are high for items weighing less than 1lb – where items weigh over 1lb, you can make quite significant savings when it comes to shipping. However, where you are shipping an item that weighs less than 1lb, shipping costs are noticeably high.
- Competitive platform – many buyers use Poshmark in the hopes of snatching a great deal, we can’t blame them! This makes the platform pretty competitive overall and you may have to lower your prices in order to get a sale. Poshmark boasts millions of sellers, making it one of the most popular selling platforms in the U.S, so you better make sure that your items are standing out! The best way to make sure that you’ve considered as a shop on the platform is to price your items competitively.
- Buyer scams – this con isn’t exclusive to Poshmark though it’s worth noting. While buying and selling on Poshmark is made to be safe, sometimes issues can arise particularly in the case of scams. You could be unfortunate enough to run into someone who is illegitimate which can result in messages where buyers file a complaint and claim they didn’t receive a product or that they got something different. This can result in you having to refund money, however, Poshmark tries to ensure that as a buyer you are equally protected.
One of the great things about being a buyer on Poshmark is that you can literally buy anything. Poshmark is full of great deal s when it comes to clothes and other items too. However, it is important to point out some issues that you could potentially run into as with other platforms:
- Varying quality – some sellers on Poshmark offer excellent quality when it comes to the products they offer, but you could still run into bad quality items here and there. It is always recommended to check the reviews on the seller’s account for a good shopping experience. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or request further photos if needed.
- Sales are made final – when sellers make a sale it is considered final on the Poshmark platform. This means that unless you received an item not as described, there is no way to undo the transaction to return the item and get your money back. Be sure that you are completely happy with the items you are going to buy before hitting the ‘buy’ button. This may seem obvious, but the return policy on Poshmark is exclusively for items that are not as described by sellers.
- Inauthenticity – millions of people across the world buy and sell products on the internet everyday because of this there can be counterfeit goods floating around. Be careful when buying on any online platform including Poshmark and be sure to report issues if anything you come across looks illegitimate.
- Inactive sellers – many sellers on Poshmark fail to be active which can lead to frustration on a buyer’s end. You may come across a product that you’d really like to buy but the seller isn’t responsive. Closets and items can still remain on Poshmark even if a seller is no longer active which is something to be cautious of.
- Tax payments – Poshmark has to charge tax as does every other platform. You should keep this in mind when buying from